OK, so if you’re an emerging entrepreneur with a fantastic startup that you think – no, that you KNOW – will change the world and you haven’t applied for the inaugural competition (in the U.S.) that will be held in November as part of Global Entrepreneurship Week, what are you waiting for?
If you’re waiting for the deadline then you better get busy because Sept. 3 is the cutoff date to get your application in to be considered in this international contest that will pit the best and brightest creatives from America against each other and then perhaps against those from across the globe.
The organizers at the Kauffman Foundation hope to showcase entrepreneurs in the U.S., but to do that all you entrepreneurs out there have to take that first step and apply.
Want to know more?
Here are details from Kauffman:
Criteria to Apply
U.S. entrepreneurs who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for the competition at www.GetInTheRing2013.istart.org:
- the startup is not more than 5 years old;
- the founder is a U.S. citizen and proficient in the English language;
- the startup is a scalable and innovative business idea or model;
- the entrepreneur has a valid passport and is able and willing to travel to Rotterdam, Netherlands, for the international finals being held Nov. 22; and
- the entrepreneur is seeking funding of up to $1 million that is available if he or she wins the USA competition and his/her startup is determined to be worthy of funding by the investor judges at the Rotterdam finals
The Kauffman Foundation also is partnering with selected entrepreneurship support and resource organizations across the United States to identify and nominate outstanding startups. The list of partner organizations is included in the righthand column and will be updated on an ongoing basis.
The deadline to apply at www.GetInTheRing2013.istart.org is Sept. 3, 2013.
Now visit the site and apply.
And happy competing!